Sunday, April 22, 2007

twylyte






















Hello all! It's been an exciting adventure as usual, but much more busy with an ample amount to tasks on the list. After completing 3 months at PSC designing MFG projects, I left for San Diego in my Van to see friends, sell my beloved Blacky, and build a bathroom and kitchen in my cabana. You'll see pics of the karmann which was sold on ebay to a fellow just down the road in Carlsbad. He bought it for his wife since he had a classic vet for racing around town in, and she wanted to go topless, so the ghia came just in time.

My time in socal was spent building the cabana so it could house me when I need to visit my rental and make repairs, or just escape the infamous cold rainy season in Coastal Oregon.

Tess, Suze and Eoin were in from Australia recording two cd's, so we got together for a jaunt out to Deep Creek Hot Springs and stayed the night in the EuroVan. We cooked a fabulous meal on the mini stove, made a fire, and listened to some live Little Aida performed in the middle of the desert. The trip was amazing with wonderful company and an extraordinary landscape with hot and cold springs.

Mary and I took a serendipitous trek thru the dark of the night to some mystery springs near Laguna Niguel on St. Pat's day.

Two days later, I received a job to go to Pilchuck and be a carpenter and enjoys many of the glass blowing highlights while living on campus for a month and a half. I sped off without hooking up the claw foot tub I put in the bathroom, hoping to get everything completed that I promised Jacquelyn so she could open the Art Gallery I had gone in on.

Upon arriving in Nye Beach, we glanced in the window of a space just below the one we planned on leasing. The Blu Cork was gone, which saddened us, but also opened up the option of having a glass blowing art cafe! Shazam, new lease and we're off running since the space was available right then on April 1st.

When I arrived back I was to finish the downstairs of the church...Jacquelyn helped paint and I laid new wood floors in the kitchen and granite on the counters...but time was up and we needed to start on Twylyte!

So, since April 1st we've been hammering, cutting, building and creating the space we want. I'm here today doing a heat test to see how much more CFM we'll need to keep the glass studio cool.

So, starting off as a Art Cafe with Gallery, Glass Blowing Classes, Juice Bar, Smoothies, and Desserts! Once we're off and running, we may stay open later and dim the lights for an amazingly relaxed ambient wine and dessert bar with live music!

Exciting to say the least!
Pics are of Twylyte in progress...The BluCork space upon leasing...ditmar cabana...my sacraficed ghia ~ choose art! ...some sweet doors I bought in San Diego for the future Wonderland! ... Friends, Tess and Suz of Little Aida...see them at http://littleaida.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home