Friday, November 16, 2007

vacation to rancho la puerta

I flew out of PDX on Halloween, and landed to a sunny day in San Diego, which kicked off a beautiful vacation with friends and family. After a couple days of getting the motorcycle up to spec for a trip to mex, I cruised the winding roads and thru the border into new lands, and laid back culture of the small town of Tecate.

My mom and sister, Stacy and I enjoyed a week of fitness, yoga, inner journey meditation, life coaching, veggie meals, spas, suanas, massage, hikes, organic gardens, drumming, feldenkrais, and meetings of wonderful people from around the country. I took full advantage of the art classes and made several necklaces, and a few water color paintings of the sunset painted desert landscape.

I was grateful for Neil and Susan Silverman's 3 day class on photography which brought new light to my photography, and much travel inspiration.

The instructors were such wonderful people that I hope to cross paths with in the future.

I wish I had some photos to upload, but they do not seem to be were they usually land.

Prior to leaving, Brenda and I experienced an amazing sweat lodge, called the flying salmon sweat lodge in logsden, or. another awakening experience with wonderfully spiritually ignited people singing, and playing instruments, while calling the spirits to our ritual.

Upon arriving back to Oceanside, I met a fellow at the Encinitas Bizarre selling textiles from Nepal. I purchased one and made the connection to my neighbors when he mentioned a meditation group that he hosts. I car pooled with my neighbor Silvia for the most theraputic meditation I've ever had. Deepa, had all the vibrations ringing throughout the meditation and his sister helping with the gongs, water pouring into different instruments, warping the sounds. My aching back was fully relieve during the vibrant acoustic set of tones. I'll miss this group when I leave for Oregon.

Next stop, Cal State Fullerton for MFA inquiries. Met with the department head of glass, John Leighton. We had lunch and disscussed the options for getting the most out of a master's of fine arts. He had many great ideas to lend.

Later the afternoon, I sped the BMW out to Deep Creek Hot Springs for a soak. Two wheels on 10 miles of gravel and sand was not the most predictable ride, but well worth the effort for one of my favorite hike in/out and secluded hot/cold springs I've frequented.

That night, I met my raw food friend and fabulous musician, Mary Frome (maryfromke.com) for a healthy decadence at Au Lok, a premiere Raw restaurant in Fountain Valley. Yum! Nori Rolls, Soft Tacos rolled in Iceberg, durian fruit drink, and ohhh the choco pie and butterscotch pie...

The next day I met Sunshine for lunch at Juliana's RAW in Santa Monica. We had a relaxed lunch over two hours of sampling tasty raw foods, and catching up on things. Was a very nice visit for both of us. I headed over to Fred Segall, then to the Ghetty Center at Sunset and 405. Later that night Dario and I went to Fong's yoga class for some intense poses with ample stretch and balance. I had to take Dario to Au Lok for more RAW treats since he lives down the road in Huntington Beach. Crashed at D's place and had breakfast together.

Ghetty Villa and more continued!!!! off to more museums!

jaime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home