Last week in Oregon for the Spring




Things are coming to a close here in Oregon. It's been amazing to this day with all the wonderful people I've met in my time spent in The Great Northwest. I know I'll be back for many more enchanting times in the greenest land by the jagged cliff lined Pacific Coast.
Ethan moved into the chapel master bedroom, and Jaron downstairs. I have a space in the chapel for travels, and ease of transition to and fro. I'm heading to San Diego to pic up some engineering design contracts, while experiencing the surf and glass blowing in the beautiful coastal region of San Diego. I'll once again be reunited with some great people I've met along the way. It's been ten years since I moved to San Diego from living primarily in Texas.
Since leaving Texas, time has been ephemeral at best. Many things have happened, but one has definitely found a place near to me. It's a state of being close to the moments at hand. Glass has helped me understand the fragility of a quest for omniscience with a medium. I've learned to love, release and regain the balance to create anew. This process is similar to the seasons coming and going, except you have the benefit of mostly residing in Spring and Summer, with a short Autumn, and hopefully Winter passes with a wink.
I took a photo of a couple pieces I just created for a musician, named Aurora. She is doing a public performance on the water and commissioned several forms that would work as musical instruments. I created 14 chimes, ranging from 21" to 1.625" tall, as well as the photographed shells, and drum. She also ordered 12 Goblets, 2 bowls, friendship balls, and a vase. This all took place while I was finishing the renovation of church, and blowing these 2 orders at friend's studios since mine was already in storage. The last month reminded me how much I'd like to have a glass studio in San Diego, and continue working with this endless medium. I'll also include a photo of a glass bird I made. It's kind of hokey, but there are many more to come I'm sure since a flock is in order.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home