Spring Forward




Spring is here and I'm definitely feeling the pull to be outdoors in this wondrous weather. I've had the luxury of working out door recently while finishing up details around the church and increasing the capacity of my trailer to haul doors.
I'm heading back to San Diego in a few days to setup shop so to speak. I'm hoping to be back in the upstairs of my house doing product design work, while building a glass studio where the garage was and adding more space onto the compact Ditmar house. I'd love to design the addition with a roof top deck since the views are breathtaking from the roof.
I've had some very memorable times and met beautiful people I will always be in touch with no matter where I go, which adds up to invaluable time spent here. I'm also looking forward to getting back to a financial support system since glass is close, but I still need some stability and can feel the tensions in the economy.
I decided to post a few of the paintings I created in and around Twylyte. Twylyte was a wonderful experience all around, but the hours, and schedule was something that I have not experienced too much of, due to the type of work I do. Always being in a few places at once with lists of things to accomplish as my life tends to run, can have a way of wearing your soul thin. At times I felt light and flighty from the withdrawals of normal sleep, and out came a sort of parallel life transforming into more of the expression of energy, or how I tend to feel at certain moments in my life. I like each of the images because it reminds me of the perceptions I was experiencing at those times.
The picture of the church shows the side room using mostly recycled materials. I added a window wall that slides 8' with a 6'x4' old pane window framed in for opening the building to the stoic old growth spruce pines and colorful maple just out the window and down the hill. I recently put the second gate to give the lower side of the building more privacy, as well as an over hang to keep the water off while coming and going thru the gate. All the wood for the gate, and roof shelter are from the recently demolished Nye Beach Hotel, sitting oceanfront. The wood had weather quite nicely in silvers, sea foam greens, and celedon for a lovely patina. The building in the back is a storage building that I am in process of painting to match. The top story window opens, as well as the only other window in the loft section.
Lots has happened since I bought this building in 9/04. It's been such a rewarding project, in all aspects of newness. I'll look forward to many returns, possibly this summer for the epic weather and unspoiled natural environment.
Soososososos, always trying to fine tune the plan, but generally happy with the way things are going personally, although with the current state of the world, I do wonder if there is a place my time may be better served. I hope one day to be able to teach many of the skills I learn along the way, and perhaps use them for positive affect.
Onward with the sorting, final details, and down the road I go. So looking forward to be out and away. I need to take a walk around...:)
I'm heading back to San Diego in a few days to setup shop so to speak. I'm hoping to be back in the upstairs of my house doing product design work, while building a glass studio where the garage was and adding more space onto the compact Ditmar house. I'd love to design the addition with a roof top deck since the views are breathtaking from the roof.
I've had some very memorable times and met beautiful people I will always be in touch with no matter where I go, which adds up to invaluable time spent here. I'm also looking forward to getting back to a financial support system since glass is close, but I still need some stability and can feel the tensions in the economy.
I decided to post a few of the paintings I created in and around Twylyte. Twylyte was a wonderful experience all around, but the hours, and schedule was something that I have not experienced too much of, due to the type of work I do. Always being in a few places at once with lists of things to accomplish as my life tends to run, can have a way of wearing your soul thin. At times I felt light and flighty from the withdrawals of normal sleep, and out came a sort of parallel life transforming into more of the expression of energy, or how I tend to feel at certain moments in my life. I like each of the images because it reminds me of the perceptions I was experiencing at those times.
The picture of the church shows the side room using mostly recycled materials. I added a window wall that slides 8' with a 6'x4' old pane window framed in for opening the building to the stoic old growth spruce pines and colorful maple just out the window and down the hill. I recently put the second gate to give the lower side of the building more privacy, as well as an over hang to keep the water off while coming and going thru the gate. All the wood for the gate, and roof shelter are from the recently demolished Nye Beach Hotel, sitting oceanfront. The wood had weather quite nicely in silvers, sea foam greens, and celedon for a lovely patina. The building in the back is a storage building that I am in process of painting to match. The top story window opens, as well as the only other window in the loft section.
Lots has happened since I bought this building in 9/04. It's been such a rewarding project, in all aspects of newness. I'll look forward to many returns, possibly this summer for the epic weather and unspoiled natural environment.
Soososososos, always trying to fine tune the plan, but generally happy with the way things are going personally, although with the current state of the world, I do wonder if there is a place my time may be better served. I hope one day to be able to teach many of the skills I learn along the way, and perhaps use them for positive affect.
Onward with the sorting, final details, and down the road I go. So looking forward to be out and away. I need to take a walk around...:)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home