Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's a semi-gray Sunday in Oceanside.  I woke up at 6 am and sped off to the Oceanside Skatepark to find myself the only one there for the first 15 minutes.  I was there for the first time ever last night and got a few runs in.  I haven't skated since the 80's and a lot has changes, but I still had the carves and pumping going to get me up the transitions.  This morning I was doing axle stalls, and rock'n'roll's and dropped in off the 9' bowl section.  I had a blast and will try 50-50's next time I'm there.

I came home and had some oranges and almonds and then went into the garage to make some shims for the 912.  I attached a couple picks of my Flashcut CNC machine that makes parts.  I scanned the metal part, imported it into pro/engineer.  I then created an assembly with as many parts as the stock would hold.  I made a dxf drawing since the milling operation is 2.5D.  I imported the DXF into Rhinoceros, opened RhinoCam and oriented the curves to match the machines X & Y axis.  I then used 3M double sided tape to hold the aluminum shim stock and zeroed the machine on one corner.  After using RhinoCam to write the tool path, I exported the G-code and opened it in Flashcut.  Flashcut used the G-code to control the signal generator that drives the servos and created the shape while the router spins high RPM and cuts the design.  Pretty cool stuff!  The first image is the template part that is a stock .0625" shim that allows the door hinges to be aligned properly with an end result in perfect gap geometry between the door and the body.  The second image shows the 16 shims I cut using .032" and .016" stock.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home