My 40th birthday gift, post mid life crisis...since the paint is on, I'm down hill from here on out. No more crazy auto restorations (unless I have a paint booth and shop) since I've already had my share for one life. I didn't finish working on the prep till 1:30 am, woke to my alarm at 6, had 3 oranges, and almonds, then some 1/2 caf/decaf and was painting by 8am. The wind started picking up and the sun came out early. My paint thinner needed to be adjusted since the hot parts were zapping the paint before it could fully flow, thus some orange peal. Luckily I sprayed the car before the sun was out and set that wet. The parts got 1 light cover coat, then 2 wet coats, so there should be plenty of paint on the parts. The car already had two wet coats, so it now has 4 coats total. I'm off to take a long nap!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home