Wow! It has been such a long time since I've updated my blog. I'll have a lot of catching up to do here, and will have to track back a few years in the days to come since a lot has happened. It is a gorgeous 70 degree evening in Oceanside, CA, and I'm off for a pedal to the beach top check the surf and maybe ride a few waves before the sun sets. I hope you like the photo of my current project that I'm putting my heart and soul into these summer days. I'll soon have a photo of it in its original color, Bahama Yellow, a sweet vintage butterscotch color that is reminiscent of these classic 60's Porsches. In fact, this color is often used in vintage racing memorabilia and was Porsche's iconic color for their sporty line of pure, raw, fun driving machines. Going through the entire process of breaking this classic down to it's nuts and bolts really gave me a deeper understanding of how ahead of his time, renowned designer Ferry Porsche truly was. After spending years working on vintage vw's, I now understand why Porsche's are expensive to restore and own. There was no compromises made on these fine specimens, and it shows when you sweep through the turns effortlessly in one of these 46 year old cars.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home