Saturday, January 25, 2014

As the rain falls

We're moving deeper and deeper into summer, but the rains are not as extreme as I imagined.  It is raining a bit everyday or night, but the creek is down, and the rain is not like the sheets of rain we used to see in Texas, but more like a medium downpour for a few hours and then sun.  The plants love it and grow quicker than I've ever seen with minimal care.

A week has gone by since my last posting and a lot has happened, but we still have so much to do before I depart on the 12th.  The goal is to have a working kitchen, bathroom and sealed up exterior.  If time permits we'll put up the second loft.

I've attached some photos from the past week below.



 A real, live snake found under the paving bricks while setting up the carport.
 I was awing this unique vehicle at the Mullum Saturday market when I glanced down and noticed the snake.  It caught me by surprise and threw me off, until I realized it was a only there for that purpose.
 This gypsy wagon was parked at the market with a basket beside the door accepting donations to purchase veggie oil since it was bio-diesel.  I took a walk around and inside the wagon and enjoyed all the handmade artifacts.  I met one of the boys that lived in this wagon who seemed like a character out of Harry Potter.
 Some of the images of the inside of this magical space.

 Early in the week I wired the loft and kitchen with lights from the tip.  I also fastened the counters to their frames and ran separate wires for the fridge, stove and oven.
I installed skylights above the entry way and used shower doors to build obscure side lights and a transome that opens in.
I spent a couple hours moving the pavers on Thursday night, and the carport went up on Friday morning.  It didn't take very long since we had all the materials here.  We used the side braces from the shed wall to support the roof that was the exterior skin on the shed and put silicon in the existing holes to stop any leaks. The four posts were already existing.  This will help keep both vehicles from rusting in the rain.

 Yesterday I installed the 6mm ply in the bathroom and ran the single cold water line and a couple more outlets for the washing machine and such.  This week I'll be framing in the bathroom fixtures as well as making the building water tight when it isn't raining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home