Monday, March 03, 2014

Coolamon gets a makeover & I'm seeking some warm sunny weather!

 Fishing boats in a small harbor along the Bay Road between Toledo and Newport, Oregon.

A photo of a creative green home with a green roof.  I saw this house under construction being comprised of some bent I-beams creating three elliptical openings with rebar connecting the walls and roof to create an organic curvilinear shape that followed the lines of the main structure.  Foam was to be sprayed into the rebar to create the insulating wall panels.  The roof is covered with dirt and grass is growing on top.  Please excuse the dark image since this was shot in the rain from the road with my iPhone.  The space is quite magnificent! 


I've been experiencing Central Coastal Oregon cold, wet weather for some time now.  It isn't easy up here, even when I'm focused on finishing up details on this old church.  I don't have any photos of the building and it's many upgrades at this time, but I do have some nice images of Tessa's touches to the Coolamon Castle.  It looks so much more inviting with colors, and some furnishings.  All of the furnishings were picked up for dollars at the TIP or roadside and redone by us. 

I'm hoping for one more day till I can drive south back to sunny San Diego.  I really overstayed my welcome since winter is not my favorite season with all the soggy ground and cold weather, but necessary for all the beautiful growth in this region.  The place is looking good and I'm hoping a tenant is all set to go with the management company before I depart. 

I was supposed to be in Texas, returning to San Diego, but the place really needed more than I could have imagined.  I had a few sunny days to repaint the exterior which was going on 10 years old, so it was ready.  My next post will show the work done and the condition it is being left in for the next tenant to enjoy and hopefully appreciate. 

This blog entry marks 101 blog posts from 2004 and when good friend Dario started this blog for me to keep up to date on events happening in Oregon.  I'm grateful for his insight and value this blog as an online journal and informative site as well for my own and other's reference.  I will start putting more DIY info on here for future projects to reflect back on. 



1 Comments:

Blogger ting sum said...

happy 101 jaime! i didnt realize there were 10 years of these so ill have to start at the beginning i think. im looking forward to your past but please keep the adventures coming our way!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home