Winter Chills
Winter has been mild thus far, yet the flu is being passed around. When getting Floyd rego'd, Jan, the owner of Byron Bay Classics was quite ill, although still running the show. He passed the bug onto me, and I fasted for one day, still allowing Tessa and I to celebrate Suze's birthday in their 8 meter Teepee the following night.
We had a festive time among friends inside the translucent white Teepee with a blazing fire going all night. We feasted on Suze's veggie stew accompanied by Angela's fresh greens and a vegan chocolate cake Tessa and I made. Klim shared some wine and kept us entertained with stories around the fire after all his log splitting earlier that day.
Tessa and I met two wonderful new friends to share the property with. They moved in yesterday with their dog Molly. They're both into growing food, while one of them enjoys making wine, and other fermented foods and drinks. They seem very happy to be here, as do we having them.
Tessa must have caught the cold bug from me since she is now resting after much hard work getting the place all set for renting. I fixed the Toyota and just need to do a little rust repair and get the Road Worthy Certificate so I can sell the Toyota.
As you can see from the images, Floyd is now rego'd in New South Wales and we're both enjoying the ride. We planned on camping in Floyd at Suze's party, but stayed the night in the Teepee, by the fire instead.
We've been having rain on and off with sun filtering through between a daily or nightly shower. The days are cool on the property, and short sleeve temps in town. At night we tend to bundle up since it drops to around 60F. I brought my chain saw but it is an electric one since property lines are quite tight in Southern California, so I will need a generator, or possible a gas powered saw to start cutting fire wood since we have enough wood for one more fire, and winter is just starting.
We did purchase enough building material to build out the smaller of the two lofts and create a cozy space that will hold heat...now, we just need to free up some time to get it underway!
We had a festive time among friends inside the translucent white Teepee with a blazing fire going all night. We feasted on Suze's veggie stew accompanied by Angela's fresh greens and a vegan chocolate cake Tessa and I made. Klim shared some wine and kept us entertained with stories around the fire after all his log splitting earlier that day.
Tessa and I met two wonderful new friends to share the property with. They moved in yesterday with their dog Molly. They're both into growing food, while one of them enjoys making wine, and other fermented foods and drinks. They seem very happy to be here, as do we having them.
Tessa must have caught the cold bug from me since she is now resting after much hard work getting the place all set for renting. I fixed the Toyota and just need to do a little rust repair and get the Road Worthy Certificate so I can sell the Toyota.
As you can see from the images, Floyd is now rego'd in New South Wales and we're both enjoying the ride. We planned on camping in Floyd at Suze's party, but stayed the night in the Teepee, by the fire instead.
We've been having rain on and off with sun filtering through between a daily or nightly shower. The days are cool on the property, and short sleeve temps in town. At night we tend to bundle up since it drops to around 60F. I brought my chain saw but it is an electric one since property lines are quite tight in Southern California, so I will need a generator, or possible a gas powered saw to start cutting fire wood since we have enough wood for one more fire, and winter is just starting.
We did purchase enough building material to build out the smaller of the two lofts and create a cozy space that will hold heat...now, we just need to free up some time to get it underway!
Floyd with yellow NSW plates at Suze and Klims. You can see the scale of the Teepee by noticing Klim splitting logs in the background next to his Toyota Troopy, one of the more common SUV's in Oz.

1 Comments:
Thanks for keeping us posted, Floyd is looking good..keep warm!
D.
Post a Comment
<< Home