Monday, August 04, 2014

Byron Bay

I took a stroll down the beach in Byron Bay.  I ended up driving to Wategos Beach and walking over to little Wategos to watch the surfers and take in some pristine nature by the sea.  Guys were surfing with only jerseys and trunks and the water felt like summertime southern California temperature, only it is winter here.

I'm looking forward to taking Floyd down to the beach for a nice longboard session.  While I was heading to the beach, I noticed the same model VW Kombi as Floyd hanging out in the lot overlooking the ocean.

People love these vehicles out here, and I caught two separate people taking shots of this Kombi after I finished conversing with the owner.  He said he bought it a few months ago and paid $25k for the Kombi.  I believed him after searching the continent for a good vdub, which is rare to find, and rather pricey when showing well, as this one does.  However, upon minor glances, I noticed panels welding in and seam lines in the body missing from being bondo'd over.  As many people say, they are only original once!

 A couple photographers capture a classic by the sea!

 A few panoramic shots of Wategos Beach...breath taking!

 Wategos Beach!
Leaving little Wategos and leading into Wategos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Botanist said...

Glad you finally made it to Wategos, surfed the spot several times during my stay…talk soon
D.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home