Flooring the lodge
Tess and I decided to stick with the same laminate flooring we used in the lofts for many reasons, over the batch of spotted gum we purchased off Gumtree. The spotted gum will come in handy for many other projects that are less labor intensive and lower risk when it comes to proximity to the creek. I've been very happy with the laminate floors I've installed in the past from a wear and low maintenance aspect, as well as simple installation. We finished the tile around the fireplace and the backdoor entrance yesterday. Today I poured some leveling material to take out any of the dips from sanding stains out of the concrete about a year ago when we were going with concrete flooring. We had a break in the span at the tile by the door, so I had to setup a firm support to tap the boards into place against to keep the runs straight. This worked out well, allowing us to get a good start on the project tonight. We're both very excited to be at this phase in the construction process since this project has been a long, yet prosperous journey for both of us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home