Starting off 2017
Simplification is the new mantra. I'm in process of restoring the 1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible. I've removed the motor and been body working the car. I'm rebuilding the 1584cc motor as stock, installing a rebuilt trans, and finishing the body work as I write this. I applied a guide coat which is the black spray over the gray primer to show any inconsistencies in surfacing to insure the paint is smooth. This is a time and labor intensive job. I enjoy being outdoors listening to music while the progress is made. My hope is to sell this and possibly the ebug, and maybe one Karmann, then take a journey in Floyd, seeking possible locations for an off grid project...however, prior to that, I will likely get back to the church in Oregon, blow out the rest of my glass, and bring orb back onto the market to liquidate an old interest of mine. The days have been very busy, and I'm looking forward to slowing it all down for a while.
Guide coat misted over primer.
Dust everywhere!
An old car cover cut into 4 to cover the wheels.
Panel fit is looking good, still have to work on the left tail light fit since there was a minor accident there prior to owning.
The jack stands were used to raise the rear end to pull the engine out.
Engine out, trans still needs to come out.
Original paint inside the trunk, yet all the wires are in a bag, and this area will be repainted.
Driver side sanded.
Starting to look smooth again.
The engine parts, and a box of tin needing cleaning before power coating.
A look at the cover that I needed and the new color of the house.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home