Saint Louis


We had a wonderful time in St. Louis and would’ve like to have stayed longer. There’s something about these Midwestern towns in summer nights. Everybody’s out outside in the restaurants and the children are running around in the small towns near the shots and everyone seems very happy this time of year. I referenced we because the ghost decided to take a little nap on the side street where I was parked while I was eating dinner. The ghost had other ideas in mind and didn’t really want to get going for the next leg of the trip. So I had to call with Bob to see if this related to anything that he experienced last week when he showed it to a potential buyer when the auction was live. Basically the ghost decided to play possum when I turn the key over. Bob’s situation was a little different and related to a fuel pump relay, which is what I brought with me in case That decided to take a dump. I’ve heard that this can be common in these cars so I brought one with. Well, when I realized that I was up against the challenge of bringing the ghost back to life immediately check the hours of Harbor freight and caught a lift to HarborFreight did a quick shopping spree in a cart. Gave the guy a good tip to hang out and wait for me and filled up his trunk until we got back to the ghost. I had a feeling the ghost might be a little happier since the ghost had time to cool down and Often times these air cooled cars run a little hotter And on numerous occasions the starter doesn’t want to crank after a Long drive on a hot day. So, after getting back to the car, I figured let’s set our bags down and go try it again. And the only other thing I had done before I went to Harbor freight was make sure none of the fuses or the relays had any sort of corrosion and that did not do anything. So the car print out and we’re back on the road riding into the sunset once again. No after thinking about this, I had to decide. Was it worth it to go since there’s a Porsche dealer less than 2 miles from where I was parked. And I did the map to San Diego from St. Louis and it was 26 hours and the map to the Oregon coast was 31 hours so I opted for hearing out the original mission Instead of getting home in troubleshooting and taking care of this cause it’s gonna happen at some point and that is when it will get resolved. What I believe that the issue is is the ignition since it is what turns on the power and send it to the starter. If it is not that it could be the solenoid it’s connected to the starter and acts like a remote switch to send the power from the solenoid to the starter and crank the engine. Often times you can tap on the starter, the solenoid and things will resolve and then eventually you would end up changing that starter solenoid out. This tends to repeat and if it is ignition and you’re on the road, you can disconnect the two wires that are separate that get connected when you turn the key and your virtually hotwiring car and allow yourself a temporary fix just to get home. So long story short I bought pretty much a whole speed of tools at Harbor freight which is super cheap as well as jumper cables in case I needed to jump the starter tape Gloves even rolling jack because this car is pretty low. So now I have everything I need in case anything goes wrong and I actually feel better now because boy scout motto, always be prepared! C’est la vie.

so after that, I felt like the ghost needed to let loose a little bit, so I took her bra off. Jokes aside, the front tire was rubbing on the metal glass that holds it to the fender, and I was afraid if it hits it with the metal it might take a chip out of the paint and it was starting to rub the paint as well, so I decided it’s better just to kind of hang back a little from the traffic and find a solution at another point. So I do have the tools and I can go and rotate the front and adjustment to bring it up using the jack and I might do that at the end of tonight’s drive or tomorrow morning, I just need to count the rotation and then the car will be a little higher in the front but it would allow me to use the bra to protect it since I’ve got a lot of of highway driving still to go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home