Memorial Day Weekend



Had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend with a slew of fun activities. I ended up at Blu Cork Wine Bar in Historic Nye Beach on Friday night to see an amazing young and talented Halie Loren and her jazz trio. You can catch a glimpse of her music at halieloren.net. She lit the place up and had us on the dance floor.
Saturday I made my way to the valley to blow glass at The Glass Anvil. Jack showed up, a former golf pro, musician, and now glass blower. I met a really cool guy by the name of Poggy, who lives down the road. He blew a couple vases similar to the 59 he recently blown for his sistah's wedding. On Sunday Chuck Willabee also dropped in showing some very nicely refined skills while making an optic rasberry colored rondel. Steve, one of Harolds son's showed up with partner, Roger and kids.
I was very happy with the pieces I blew on both days. I made a lampshade, a thin wavey bowl, and an amphora shape. I also made a thin, tall necked amphora not shown since the piece fell over in the annealer and ended up with a slight tilt to it's neck.
Monday was a lazy day although I did a little painting downstairs.
Today had been a lot of errands. I chatted with my client and I'll be working into the night on a few final design changes.
I also called Bullseye glass inquiring about a glass blowing opportunity at their state of the art factory in beloved Portland. We'll see!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home