Stormy weekend by the sea
Monday arrived sooner than anticipated ;-). We had a heavy rain storm with gusty winds hit us at the end of last week. I still rode my bike to the ocean on several occasions and snapped photos of the tumultuous sea.
I made my rounds sanding the Ghia Thursday and ended up having to apply some filler to build out the left rear quarter panel to better fit the taillight, as well as built some low spots on the lower door panel. Sometimes it seems like one step forward, two steps back, but that is the nature of the project. This is the time to make it right, since after the paint is applied, it is too late.
Since the winds were picking up on Friday I tied down tarps and applied covers to the 3 cars in the yard.
Today I am going to continue organizing the inside of the house with things to keep and those to get rid of, and will try to get some time in on the Ghia as well.
I sanded the troublesome areas, meaning all the fenders and doors and added some filler to the driver side lower door panel and tail light, as well as the recess before the fender bulge. I'm hoping this is the last of the feathering, so I can get onto finer details, such as spot fill, the front trunk, finalizing the rear trunk, door jambs and removing the glass, remaining interior parts and top.
I made my rounds sanding the Ghia Thursday and ended up having to apply some filler to build out the left rear quarter panel to better fit the taillight, as well as built some low spots on the lower door panel. Sometimes it seems like one step forward, two steps back, but that is the nature of the project. This is the time to make it right, since after the paint is applied, it is too late.
Since the winds were picking up on Friday I tied down tarps and applied covers to the 3 cars in the yard.
Today I am going to continue organizing the inside of the house with things to keep and those to get rid of, and will try to get some time in on the Ghia as well.
A surf advisory was issued over the weekend.
It was a short, yet powerful sunset on Saturday.
I took a ride to Trader Joe's on Sunday, but stopped by the beach to enjoy some soup in one of my all time favorites.
The details of the Ghia prior to the weekend...
A fish eye view of the yard through the front doors prior to the quickly approaching storm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home